At risk of jinxing July, I’m so glad June is over — it’s been the most stressful month I’ve lived through in a long time. Here’s a list in reverse-time order:
- Formal wear bitch — she was really the last straw to a horrible month. It wouldn’t have seemed so bad without everything else piled on top of it.
- ADP proposal due — this is a proposal to NASA to pay me for the next three years for my half-time thesis work.
- Buying my first new car — while exciting, this is also fairly stressful, and took away an important Saturday from wedding-planning.
- My first ambulance ride, my first time in an emergency room, and my first stay in a hospital as a patient — this turned out to be nothing (probably), but was a horrible, horrible weekend, and took away from our car-hunting and wedding-planning time.
- A tire blow-out on the Beltway — it’s still a toss-up whether this was more stressful or the hospital the following day was more stressful. Frankly, it was quite scary to be trying to change a tire on the Beltway, but then so was the chest pain and news that I might have had a blood clot.
- A week in Denver for the American Astronomical Society Meeting — I hate business travel, plus this took away my Memorial Day holiday, since that was the first day of the conference